Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Holiday

I was going to theme this post using Tchaikovsky’s "December;" but, I was listening to Chester’s playlist coming home from the farm and Green Day’s "Holiday" came up. Sadly, punk rock seemed more a more appropriate theme than Tchaikovsky.


I’m completely stunned by the amount of prideful malevolence that I encounter every day. It’s almost a twisted contest. Presidential candidates, news commentators, and ordinary people all espousing hatred and division.


The reality is that we all live on a very small pile of rocks hurtling through space. This planet really isn’t big enough to divide into hateful territorial factions. Really. Very small planet. Stop it. Seriously. Stop it.

With each day comes a new opportunity to change for the better. I wish each and every reader peace and happiness. This is the dawning of the rest of our lives.

Green Day -- Holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment